Please read this page carefully before booking. It relates to your personal safety.
By making a booking you will be agreeing to all these terms.
One of the delights of Othona is its relatively wild outdoor environment. We want to keep this open to all and safe for all. Please read this carefully as it constitutes part of your terms and conditions for booking.
By booking to stay at the Othona Community at Bradwell-on-Sea CM0 7PN I am agreeing to all of the following:
Any or all of the members of my family or party listed on the booking form may want to play and engage in other recreational activities in the grounds of the Othona Community.
I understand that:
- The grounds include varied terrain on which care is needed to avoid accidental injury. They are largely undomesticated for the sake of wildlife and bio-diversity.
- There may be plants growing wild which are poisonous if eaten.
- As in any wild environment, common sense is needed to enjoy the surroundings and avoid danger.
- The possibility of injury to myself and others will always exist.
- The beach environs can be a dangerous place, especially when the tide is receding.
I confirm that:
- I am aware and accept that there are potential risks to myself and others and I will not deliberately endanger myself or others.
- I acknowledge and accept the responsibility for the supervision of any child of mine who plays in the grounds.
- I will comply - and ensure any child of mine complies – with the Othona Community guidelines as to use of play equipment.
- I will only allow my child(ren) to use the play equipment when I have satisfied myself that it is safe for them to do so.
- I will ensure that my child(ren) are safe when they are on the beach.
I hereby release, remise and forever discharge from any claims and liabilities whatsoever without limitation the Othona Community, its employees and volunteer helpers and any other person playing in the grounds who might injure me or my child(ren) howsoever arising, and I make this release on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors and administrators.