Residential Community Manager
Othona is an open Christian community, welcoming people of all faiths & none,
offering varied residential community & retreat opportunities to individuals, families &
groups. In community we explore the relationship between faith and life and encourage
one another in caring for the world and its people.
We are seeking a full-time resourceful and practical resident Manager to lead and manage the
Bradwell Centre - someone with a friendly, flexible approach, and a commitment to supporting
and enabling community life by upholding the ongoing vision of Othona with its inclusive
The ability to relate to and welcome our visitors and to maintain a healthy community life for
yourself and those you live and work with is essential. The key tasks are to: manage the
day-to-day operations of Othona Bradwell (including recruitment and supervision of staff and
volunteers), oversee administration, financial management, health & safety and safeguarding,
and the maintenance of the buildings and grounds. You will work with committed, supportive
trustees and volunteers to develop and implement plans for Othona’s future.
What we offer in return
- A deeply satisfying lifestyle in a beautiful remote coastal location.
- Modest accommodation in a self-contained bungalow, with all meals included.
- Salary - £17,500 and an annual contribution to a personal pension scheme
- Use of Community vehicle - Driving License essential.
- Flexible hours with 2 days off per week; 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
If you would like to find out more, please click on the links below for further details:
- Centre Manager Bradwell Job Description 2021
- Centre Manager person spec 2021
- Othona Bradwell - information Sheet
To learn more or for an informal conversation you are welcome to contact:
Ruth Bull - Trustee/Bradwell Chair email@example.com
Steve Barnes - Othona Trustee, Bradwell Link firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Fox - Retiring Manager email@example.com
Please send your application as a CV and covering letter to:
Clare Gough - Othona Trustee Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 14th November 2021.
Interviews to be over the weekend of 4th and 5th December 2021.